|Already in 1835 a wooden pavilion was erected for the Minister of War, which was replaced in 1886 by a building in brick. Typically is the central access with advanced neoclassical pediment supported by four Doric columns. Later this pavilion had the function of garrison club for officers for many years and today it is a military facilities under the name Villa Astrid. The original two times four windows were probably replaced in the 70’s by twice two windows and inside as well major changes were made. However, the building is still recognizable as such. Above the entrance, on the side of the Zegeplein, the image of a Brabant lion is applied.
Check out the old postcards too
This article is also available in Nederlands