The Town Hall
The Town Hall is built in a typical, 19th-century neoclassical style. Mayor Vander Elst laid the first stone on July 22, 1856. The triangular fronton that now decorates the façade of the town hall, used to be arched.
The side walls used to be the public library, the municipal school, and the police station. Around 1945 the new State comprehensive school of Leopoldsburg was briefly allowed two classrooms. Between 1950 and 1960 the back was built for the Technical Service and Fire department.
This article is also available in Nederlands