Church Sint-Blasius

Church Sint-Blasius

In 1846 the first stone of the new church of Heppen, which was devoted to the Saint Blasius, was laid. It just took one year to complete the church, but in 1861 the building already needed to be thoroughly strengthened. Because of the quick population growth, the church became to small so that it was enlarged in 1903.

Unfortunately the different alterations weren’t always done in the same style. That is why in 1939 the church tower was pulled down and the church was altered in a neon-romanesque style.

The interior of the church with, among other things, a beautiful oak-wooden sculptured pulpit out of 1634 is surely worthy of a visit. The statue of Our Lady belongs already over 400 years to the patrimony of Art of Heppen.

Take a look at the old postcards too

This article is also available in Nederlands