|The construction of the military bakery lasted from 1849 to 1852. The building is symmetrically constructed with a clear span. Against the central element with two floors were in east and west two rooms positioned. Each element had a gable roof which got simple decorative elements. On the long side large basket arch windows were installed with keystone in stone, creating a depth effect, the head ends were provided with round windows at approximately 3 meters. In the central element were some offices. In the halls left and right the installations were placed to produce the needed bread. The bakery was expanded in 1914 to a complex of seven buildings and had a capacity of 6000 breads per day. Currently, the Technical Department of the Municipality established in it.
Check out the old postcards too
This article is also available in Nederlands